The lesson helps students write better sentences, using compound and complex sentences when necessary, and to vary sentence structure when writing essays, stories, or other text. By this grade level, most of your students know how to write a basic simple sentence, but many are unfamiliar with the other sentence types such as compound and complex. Likely, they have read them and maybe even used them when writing, but are not able to identify them. Several additional resource worksheets are included and can be used for extra practice of this challenging skill. The lesson can be used in conjunction with the lesson called Sentence Fragments and Run-ons.
3 Types of Sentences Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the 3 Types of Sentences Lesson Plan
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on identifying and using 3 Types of Sentences
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!