The lesson introduces students to the events on September 11, 2001 in New York City and other places in America. The lesson also discusses the effects of Nine-Eleven on the U.S. and the world. Included as well is information on the heroes, those who died, and the U.S. response to the attacks. Most students may have heard the term “Nine-Eleven” but many of them may not be familiar as to the extent of the tragedy on that day in 2001, and as to its relation to terrorism in the world today. Finally, teachers and students are to be wary of some of the inaccurate stories that may be found on the Internet related to 911.
Nine-Eleven Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the Nine-Eleven emergency number
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!