Introduce your students to the concept of absolute value using this informative lesson. Absolute value is defined, and students are reminded that it is always positive because it measures distance. The symbols used to designate absolute zero and how these symbols are interpreted in equations, are covered in the lesson as well. Students should be familiar with grouping and order of operations before diving into this lesson. The lesson can be used with other math and algebra related lessons.
Absolute Value Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Absolute Value
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Absolute Value
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!