Our Fractions – Add & Subtract Unlike Denominators Lesson Plan teaches students how to find the lowest common denominator to add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators. Expand vocabulary, including terms like LCM and LCD. Leveraging creativity and art, students are engaged in cooperative action to draw a representation of correct answers. Introducing the ability to compute mentally challenges students and solidifies understanding.
Fractions – Add & Subtract Unlike Denominators Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Fractions.
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on finding the lowest common denominator and adding & subtracting of unlike-denominator fractions.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!