Introduce your students to a mathematical operation using visuals to help them understand the concept of addition. The lesson helps your students understand various vocabulary related to addition, as well as the symbols plus (+) sign and equals (=) sign. An included activity sheet gives students a chance to practice writing the addition sentence to go along with their pictures.
Adding using Objects & Drawings Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Adding using Objects & Drawings
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Adding using Objects & Drawings
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-2 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!