The lesson focuses on translating addition sentences from symbols (“3”) into words (“three”), for example. A chart which lists the symbol and word for the numbers 1 through 20 is included with the lesson. The symbols and words for the plus (“+”) and the equal (“=”) signs are also listed. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other math lessons related to addition.
Addition Sentences Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Addition Sentences
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Addition Sentences
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-2 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!