This useful lessons provides additional strategies for addition and subtraction. The lesson breaks down both operations using place value, so students should have some familiarity with that concept before the lesson. Block visuals for the place values are also provided. The lesson can be used in conjunction with other lessons relating to multi-digit adding and subtracting.
Additional Strategies for + / – Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Additional Strategies for + / –
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Additional Strategies for + / –
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 2-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!