The short but interesting lesson introduces students to the continent of Antarctica. The location of Antarctica is discussed, as well as the first explorers to visit the continent. The lesson briefly mentions the animals that live in Antarctica such as seals and penguins, and also touches on the Southern Ocean and polar ice caps. This is one lesson in a series of lessons related to each of the seven continents, when students can “travel” around the world learning about other cultures and peoples. It is recommended students view one or more videos to enhance their “trips” to the continent.
All About Antarctica Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages All About Antarctica
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!