The lesson introduces students to one of the most interesting and unique monuments in the United States and perhaps the world, Mount Rushmore. The lesson lists the four faces carved into Mount Rushmore and the sculptor, Gutzon Borglum. Some history of both the monument and mountain on which it is sculpted is provided. A detailed description of the process of carving the monument is included, as well as interesting facts about the monument itself and the four presidents featured in the carving. The lesson may be used in conjunction with lessons related to other national monuments and the presidents.
All About Mt. Rushmore Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages All About Mt. Rushmore
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!