The lesson introduces students to canyons and to the Grand Canyon, its characteristics, formation details, and history. The canyon is often named one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Most students are familiar with the Grand Canyon but do not know the details or history of its formation. The students would greatly benefit with a “field trip” to the Grand Canyon using one of the resource videos. The lesson may be used in conjunction with lessons related to erosion, geology, rivers, and more.
All About the Grand Canyon Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages All About the Grand Canyon
- Hands-on homework activities All About the Grand Canyon
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!