The lesson introduces students to the United Kingdom. At the very beginning the lesson addresses the confusion between the UK and England, listing all the countries that belong to each the UK and Great Britain along with a map to enhance understanding. A brief history of the UK mentions both the Picts and the Angles. Major landmarks and attractions included in the lesson are the English Channel, Thames River, and the Edinburgh Castle among others. This is one lesson in a series of lessons related to each of the seven continents, when students can “travel” around the world learning about other cultures and peoples. It’s is recommended student view one or more videos to enhance their “trips” to the continents.
All About the UK Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages All About the UK
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!