The lesson introduces students to the Washington Monument, one of the most recognizable and unique monuments in the U.S. and the world. The lesson provides interesting facts about the monument, such as the reason it was built, the person who designed it, the challenges faced during its construction, and important historical documents buried at the monument’s base. It is recommended that students take a “field trip” to the monument using one of the many video resources available. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to various monuments in Washington, D.C., President George Washington, or other famous world landmarks.
All About the Washington Monument Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about All About the Washington Monument
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!