As an overview of the Founding Fathers of America, our America’s Founding Fathers Lesson Plan delves into their contributions to the development of the national government and their influence as models of civic virtue. This lesson focuses on seven statesmen responsible for American independence, as well as a few others, and their unique contributions to the effort. This lesson is a suitable precursor to other lessons related to the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and the American Revolution, or it can be presented following those lessons.
America’s Founding Fathers Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the Founding Fathers of America.
- The lesson focuses on seven statesmen responsible for American independence, with each one unique in their contributions to the effort.
- A few other Founding Fathers are also discussed and includes relevant information about their contributions as well.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!