The lesson introduces students to amphibians and their characteristics. Most students are curious and have a natural interest in frogs, toads, salamanders, and other like critters. The students will learn what distinguishes an amphibian from other animal groups, and will be introduced to many interesting facts about, and types of, amphibians. It is a general overview of amphibians, and much more can be learned about the animal group using the Internet. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to animal classification or animals in general.
Amphibians Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Amphibians
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!