By the end of this lesson, your students will understand how analyzing patterns and learning the accompanying rules can assist them in solving math problems. The lesson provides examples of patterns using both numerical operations and shapes. Additionally, the lesson discusses the vocabulary word input as the starting number, and the word output as the number found once the pattern rule is applied. Finally, the lesson covers writing the pattern rule as an algebraic equation. The lesson can be used with other related algebra lessons.
Analyzing Patterns Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Analyzing Patterns
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Analyzing Patterns
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!