The lesson discusses how to measure an angle in degrees. The lesson illustrates the size of one degree, and explains why there are 360 degrees in a circle. It also demonstrates with illustrations how to use a protractor to measure an angle. Activities are provided so students can practice this new skill. The lesson could be used in conjunction with other lessons related to angles or triangles.
Angles and Degrees Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Angles and Degrees
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Angles and Degrees
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!