The lesson introduces students to classifying as a science process skill, used not only for the animal kingdom, but also for other areas of science as well. Most students have been taught the basics of classifying objects, often referred to as sorting. The lesson includes subcategories and goes into depth of the importance of classification in general. It is recommended students engage in hands-on activities when possible.
Animal Classification Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Animal Classification
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on identifying and using Animal Classification
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!