Explore classification of animals with our Animal Classification Lesson Plan, which will prepare students to define, identify, and use the science process skills in classifying animals. This fun, engaging lesson allows students to express their creativity in designing a display, as well as to build confidence as they present their display to the class.
Animal Classification Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Animal Classification.
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on determining the animal classification to vertebrates & invertebrates, and presenting some of the animals.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!