Patterns are everywhere, and learning patterns can be especially helpful when it comes to math. This lesson focuses specifically on arithmetic patterns. Learning these patterns can help your students add and even subtract faster in their heads. Once students are able to determine a pattern exists, they need to figure out what rule the pattern follows. Several practice and activity sheets are included to give the students ample opportunity to work on this necessary skill. This lesson will be most effective when used in conjunction with other lessons related to patterns.
Arithmetic Patterns Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Arithmetic Patterns
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on comparing and contrasting Arithmetic Patterns
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!