The lesson explains the associative property to your students. Both addition and multiplication are discussed, with several examples for teachers to do with students. The lesson may be used with lessons about other mathematical properties. Students will learn that associative property allows you to add or multiply regardless of how the numbers are grouped. The numbers in the group, or in the parenthesis, are added or multiplied first and when three or more numbers are added.
Associative Property Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Associative Property
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on Associative Property
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 2-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!