The lesson introduces students to asteroids, comets, and meteors, discussing the characteristics of each. Many people are confused between the three and information is given to help students identify differences. Most students become interested and engaged when obtaining new knowledge about space.The students will be able to define identify characteristics, and compare/contrast asteroids, comets, and meteors.
Asteroids, Comets, Meteors Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Asteroids, Comets, Meteors
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on identifying and using Asteroids, Comets, Meteors
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!