Tackle the introduction of atoms with our Atoms Lesson Plan. This engaging lesson defines an atom and prepares students to identify its main parts and characteristics. To solidify understanding, students have the opportunity to create a model of a simple atom, which engages the sensory system to support the development of concept imagery for the atomic world.
Our Atoms Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages
- Making an Atom Model Activity
- Instructional Content Pages Homework Assignment
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!