The lesson introduces students to the first African-American President of the United States, Barack Obama. A detailed biography is presented, including his early years, the path through the political landscape to his election as the 44th President, and other interesting facts about Obama. Additionally, it summarizes some of Barack Obama’s accomplishments as President. The lesson may be used in conjunction with Black History lessons or those related to other presidents and American history.
Barack Obama Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Barack Obama
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!