The lesson summarizes and analyzes the Bill of Rights, specifically addressing each of the first ten amendments from the United States Constitution. Examples of their use in America, and some of the controversy surrounding the amendments are also discussed. Prior to the lesson, the students should have a basic understanding of the U.S. Constitution, and this lesson may be used in conjunction with a lesson related to the Constitution. In addition, many students will have a strong opinion on one or more of the amendments which can lend itself to a classroom debate.
Bill of Rights Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Bill of Rights
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!