The short lesson introduces students to the cardinal directions. Most students know the four different words for the directions, but often get confused when applying the information on maps or when outdoors. It is important for students to know where the sun rises and sets. There are many resources teachers may use from the Internet to enhance the lesson as well. The lesson may be used with other topics related to maps or sunsets and sunrises.
Cardinal Directions Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Cardinal Directions
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice in determining Cardinal Directions
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-2 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!