The lesson introduces students to some of the basic skills needed for most careers, as well as bringing an awareness to several career opportunities. Students are at an age when they do not need to make a career choice, but it is helpful for students to be exposed to the numerous careers that will be available to them in the future. The lesson may be used in conjunction with a planned “Career Week or Day”, and the additional resources can be used to expand the lesson for the week. Teachers must also be sensitive to, and aware of, some students in the class who may try to “rank” or label jobs negatively, or unimportant.
Careers from A to Z Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Careers from A to Z
- Hands-on homework activities about Careers from A to Z
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!