Our Characters Lesson Plan sharpens reading comprehension and analytical skills as students are equipped to describe characters from a story, including their actions, traits, and other significant details. The interactive lesson taps into collaborative and experiential learning as students assign themselves a character while others in their group list their characteristics. Build confidence as groups share their findings and supportive evidence with the class.
Characters Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about understanding Characters and Personalities in Reading
- Understanding Characters in class Activity
- Characters Activity Worksheet
- Describing Characters Homework Assignment
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!