The lesson reviews the concept of Checks and Balances as it relates to the three branches of the United States government. Most students are aware of the three branches of government, and should understand the process of a bill being passed, but often are unclear of this “checks and balances” concept. The students will become aware of how checks and balances separates the power of the branches of government.
Checks and Balances Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Checks and Balances
- Hands-on homework activities related to checks and balances of the American government
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!