In our The Civil War Lesson Plan, students will identify key people and major battles during the first half of the Civil War. Engage critical thinking and idea sharing with discussions and reinforce learned concepts with interactive activities, like a word scramble. Ample resources provided to expand or clarify understanding.
The Civil War Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages on the early Civil War, Leadership during the war, and the Emancipation Proclamation
- Instructional Content Pages review or quiz handout
- Civil War Unscramble words Homework Assignment
- Answer Keys
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!