The lesson introduces students to Christopher Columbus and his possible discovery of America. The life of Columbus is presented to students, and his voyages to the New World. As you discuss the discovery of America, students may be informed that there is often controversy about his discovery. The main point of the lesson is to show Columbus’ lead in opening travel to the Americas and connecting Europe to the New World. His determination and courage should also be made aware of to the students. There are many Internet sources that may include differences related to facts about Christopher Columbus.
Columbus and America Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Columbus and America
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!