Expand the social awareness of young students with our Communities Lesson Plan. This interactive lesson prepares students to define the types of communities: urban, suburban, and rural; and identify several characteristics of each. Critical thinking skills are developed as students compare and contrast the different communities.
Communities Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Communities
- Community types cut and paste activity
- Community types matching practice worksheet
- Community homework worksheet
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!