Most of your students will already be aware that we adjust our clocks twice a year, but they probably do not know why. Of course, in the summers, students see it as an extra hour of daylight. The lesson introduces students to the history of Daylight Saving Time and why it is used around the world. The lesson may be used in conjunction with a general lesson about time, U.S. Time Zones, or World Time Zones. Prior to the lesson, students should already know how to tell time.
Daylight Saving Time Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Daylight Saving Time
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Daylight Saving Time
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 2-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!