Provide an answer to the question, “why do we need to learn this?” with a lesson about decimal division. Even young students will appreciate the need to understand how to divide decimals when they consider how often they will need to divide money and costs of food and items. The lesson introduction reviews pertinent vocabulary like divisor, dividend and quotient. Several examples and activity pages are also included with the lesson, as well as a suggested homework assignment and quiz for assessment.
Decimal Division Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Decimal Division
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Decimal Division
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!