This useful and informative lesson introduces your students to a real world skill they will need throughout their lives, decimal and fraction conversion. Students should have some familiarity with vocabulary related to fractions, such as numerator and denominator, and place value before beginning the lesson. Converting fractions to decimals and the reverse, converting decimals to fractions, are both covered throughout the lesson. The lesson can be used with other lessons relating to fractions and decimals.
Decimal & Fraction Conversion Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Decimal & Fraction Conversion
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Decimal & Fraction Conversion
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!