The lesson provides students with four steps to multiplying decimals. These steps are: ignore the decimal point(s), multiply the numbers, count all places to the right of the decimal point in both numbers, and count to the left the same number of places in the product to insert the decimal. Several practice and activity sheets are included with the lesson so students have ample opportunity to practice this skill.There are four steps to multiplying decimals.
Decimal Multiplication Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Decimal Multiplication
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Decimal Multiplication
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!