Help your students gain a deeper understanding of fractions and how they function in this lesson discussing decomposing fractions. By breaking fractions down into smaller pieces – decomposing them – students will better understand how to work with these numbers as part of their math lessons. The lesson also reviews vocabulary like numerator and denominator, as well as mixed numbers and improper fractions. The lesson includes activity sheets so students can create visual aides to help them practice using fractions, and a suggested quiz for assessment.
Decomposing Fractions Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Decomposing Fractions
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Decomposing Fractions
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!