The lesson introduces students to several named deserts found throughout the world as an extension of a lower grade lesson which covered the general characteristics of deserts. The information allows students to “travel” to the Sahara, Arabian, Kalahari, Mojave and other deserts of the world. Students will learn their locations and some characteristics of each. The lesson may be used in conjunction with lessons related to biomes as well.
Deserts of the World Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Deserts of the World
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!