The Distributive property is a very important algebraic property. It combines addition and subtraction as well as multiplication. The distributive property gives out multiplication to each term inside the parentheses. The lesson explains the distributive property to your students. Rules for the distributive property are listed, and examples are provided using both positive and negative numbers. The lesson may be used in conjunction with lessons related to other mathematical properties.
Distributive Property Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Distributive Property
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Distributive Property
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grade 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!