The lesson includes several components: how to use active listening in conversations and during a speaker’s presentation, use listening skills to summarize and interpret information, and to determine if a speaker’s argument or claim is supported by facts. As many teachers know, students often do not listen effectively and with purpose, hearing the words but not listening to the words. It is a skill needed for people of all ages, whether speaking one-on-one or with others in a conversation, or while listening to a classroom teacher, a guest speaker, a YouTube video, or other audio/video presentation.
Effective Listening Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Effective Listening skills
- Hands-on homework activities developing Effective Listening skills
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!