The lesson introduces students to the process used to elect the President of the United States, the Electoral College. Many people, including young students, are unclear about the process involved in electing the president. They may realize it is not based on the popular vote, but are unclear as to the details about the Electoral College. The lesson may be used in conjunction with lessons related to the President, voting, or other similar topics.
Electoral College System Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the Electoral College System
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!