The lesson introduces students to the Emancipation Proclamation signed by Abraham Lincoln as the first step in freeing the slaves during the 1860s. Many students may have heard of the document but do not know the details or history of the document. The lesson could be used in conjunction with lessons related to the Civil War, slavery, or Abraham Lincoln.
Emancipation Proclamation Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the Emancipation Proclamation
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!