Develop critical thinking skills with our Evaluating Opinions and Arguments Lesson Plan, which prepares students to effectively evaluate opinions and arguments, as well as to differentiate an opinion and argument based on facts and supporting evidence. Equip your students with the ability to sift through the opinions and arguments they are bombarded with on social media, news organizations, and other media throughout the day. Once they can identify the differences, students can then better judge the quality of an argument or opinion. This lesson also enhances written expression skills as students develop their ability to write effective arguments.
Evaluating Opinions and Arguments Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about evaluating opinions and arguments
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on distinguishing opinions and arguments, as well as crafting an effective argument
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!