The lesson teaches students how to convert standard numbers into expanded form. Expanded form turns standard numbers into an addition sentence with each number expressed using its place value. Students should be familiar with place value before beginning the lesson. Several examples are provided for teachers to demonstrate to students, as well as activity sheets for students to practice individually. The lesson can be used with other related math lessons.
Expanded Number Forms Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Expanded Number Forms
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Expanded Number Forms
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 2-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!