The lesson begins by detailing how to change a percent to a fraction by placing the percent in the numerator and 100 in the denominator. The lesson then describes how to tackle various word problems that use language where “is” represents a part, “of” represents the whole, and % represents the numerical value of the percent. Several samples are listed for teachers to solve along with the students as they attempt these complicated math problems.
Finding the Whole, Part, and Percent Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Finding the Whole, Part, and Percent
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Finding the Whole, Part, and Percent
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!