Students tend to be intimidated by both fractions and word problems, so the more practice they can do with these topics, the more confidence they will gain when it comes to working with these concepts. This lesson reminds students they will use both fractions and the skills they need to solve word problems in real life. The steps for solving word problems and basic steps for working with fractions are reviewed separately as part of the lesson. Real world application is the focus of all the sample problems included with the lesson.
Fraction Word Problems Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Fraction Word Problems
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Fraction Word Problems
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!