The lesson demonstrates to students how rectangles can be used to solve fraction multiplication problems. Examples are included showing two fractions being multiplied together, as well as a whole number being multiplied by a fraction. The lesson also demonstrates how to multiply the fractions without using drawings and still find the correct answer!
Fractions and Rectangles Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Fractions and Rectangles
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Fractions and Rectangles
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grade 5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!