The lesson expands your students’ understanding of fractions by teaching them to view fractions as parts on a number line, rather than just an object broken into pieces. The lesson uses the terminology whole and parts to introduce students to numerator and denominator. Several examples are provided for the teacher to demonstrate to the students, as well as activities the students can do for individual practice. The lesson can be used with other math lessons relating to fractions or number lines.
Fractions on a Number Line Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Fractions on a Number Line
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Fractions on a Number Line
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!