Teach strategies for reducing fractions and writing equivalent fractions with our Reducing Fractions Lesson Plan. Identifying greatest common factors and prime factorization are introduced as primary methods for reducing fractions. Engaging the use of creative imagery to represent fractions develops concept imagery and improves understanding. Ample resources for additional practice are available to facilitate student mastery.
Reducing Fractions Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Reducing Fractions.
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on determining the definition factors, reducing fractions, finding equivalent fractions, etc.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!