The lesson introduces students to Galileo Galilei and his life. His accomplishments, discoveries, and inventions for astronomy are explored, as well as the influence they had on science. Initially, Galileo’s idea of the Earth revolving around the Sun was not accepted by many during his lifetime. Galileo was considered controversial and was thrown his prison for his views. In addition, Galileo laid the foundation for the scientific method which is used by scientists everywhere. The lesson may be used in conjunction with a physics lesson.
Galileo Galilei Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Galileo Galilei
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!