The lesson introduces students to geologic time and helps them to comprehend the tremendous amount of time that has passed during the history of the Earth. For many students, it may be difficult to realize Geologic time is a relative concept and can be better understood when comparing it to a shorter timeframe, like a day, month, or year. The lesson includes the major eras along with the periods, as well as important events in each. Depending on the level of your students, you may or may not require the students to memorize each time-period; however, identifying the order of events would be helpful.
Geologic Time Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Geologic Time
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!